Hello

Thank you for looking at my blog. My latest passion is applique which I have been doing since 2015. I love making things and learning new crafts On this blog you will see some of the things I have been working on. You will also see wonderful items created by other people. When I am not crafting I enjoy being with family and friends, singing and family history. My favourite place in the whole world is anywhere by the sea and I have to get my fix every few weeks. My favourite colour is PURPLE but I love turquoise too!



Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Where Solid meets Void

I did a wonderful 2 day weaving course with Joan Baxter. I did not realise what a gift this was until I saw some of her work. Joan worked for seven years on the Henry Moore tapestries. We wove a sample piece where we mixed threads which Joan had dyed. We had to choose two colours and mix those until we got the colour we were thinking of. I learnt  a lot about adding colours and dropping them from the mix. Up until now I have only woven lines so it was great to try rectangles and slopes. My seas will now be able to go up and down.

My sample

Frances at work. You can see more of her work at  www.francescrowe.com 
Joan's samples
Heather weaving her sample based on the colours of a lake out on The Sheeps Head

Joan's work

Joan used twigs in this snowscape


We worked in Pascales' gorgeous studio and the company of other weavers was very welcome. It was great to see the work that people had done. Thank you to Kathryn for the yummy chocolate cake.    

No comments:

Post a Comment