Hello

Thank you for looking at my blog. My latest passion is applique which I have been doing since 2015. I love making things and learning new crafts On this blog you will see some of the things I have been working on. You will also see wonderful items created by other people. When I am not crafting I enjoy being with family and friends, singing and family history. My favourite place in the whole world is anywhere by the sea and I have to get my fix every few weeks. My favourite colour is PURPLE but I love turquoise too!



Monday, November 11, 2013

Down by the Salley Garden

My love and I did meet.......

Kevin has always wanted to know how baskets are made so we did a beginners course in Lyre yesterday. It was a great four hours.  We learn't how to make a flower decoration and a little basket but the most fascinating aspect for me was learning about the craft of basketry. Our tutor Diane was a mine of information and was willing to share it all with us. She has endless patience and made sure that everyone on the course got plenty of attention.

I got home and put my log basket out in the rain so it will absorb some moisture. If I remember to do that once or twice a year it should last a lifetime. 

Will I make more baskets? We would certainly like to do another course with Diane where we will learn how to make square baskets. I am drawn to the ones using natural materials where you incorporate things like larch cones. I will be keeping my eyes out for material so if you have dogwood, ivy or even bramble in your garden watch out!
My flower is a little organic

Kevin's lovely flower

My flower basket will be very useful

I love the colours Kevin used in his

     

No comments:

Post a Comment