Hello

Thank you for looking at my blog. My latest passion is applique which I have been doing since 2015. I love making things and learning new crafts On this blog you will see some of the things I have been working on. You will also see wonderful items created by other people. When I am not crafting I enjoy being with family and friends, singing and family history. My favourite place in the whole world is anywhere by the sea and I have to get my fix every few weeks. My favourite colour is PURPLE but I love turquoise too!



Monday, August 4, 2014

Gift of Time

My lovely friend Annie gave me a "Gift of Time" for my big birthday. I spent the day with her learning how to paint a silk scarf. I enjoyed learning about the process and really enjoyed seeing how the paints did their own thing. Annie is a very patient tutor and gets firm when needed. She took the paint brush from me in the end as I just wanted to keep blobbing - less is more!

 
The flowers in Annie's garden - how could I not be inspired?
   
The different layers of colour are added. I love the way the colours bleed into each other



Getting ready to steam the scarf. It is wrapped around a layer of plastic pipe and covered

Steam for one and a half hours to set the colour. The plastic pipe is inside the metal tube and set on a trivet. Cover each end with foil so that no water touches the scarf


Dry the scarf then iron it

No comments:

Post a Comment