Hello

Thank you for looking at my blog. My latest passion is applique which I have been doing since 2015. I love making things and learning new crafts On this blog you will see some of the things I have been working on. You will also see wonderful items created by other people. When I am not crafting I enjoy being with family and friends, singing and family history. My favourite place in the whole world is anywhere by the sea and I have to get my fix every few weeks. My favourite colour is PURPLE but I love turquoise too!



Sunday, June 21, 2015

Every Picture tells a Story

You will know how attached I am to Kerry and to the wonderful little cove near Castlecove called White Strand. My grandfather Daniel, my great-grandfather Denis and his father Daniel Shea fished from there. You can still see the flagstones that were laid as a slipway for the boats.
 
When I saw the work of a wonderful West Cork painter called Danny Smith I knew he would be the artist who could paint what was just in my head. He has such an understanding of boats and how they sit in the water. I sent him a photo of White Strand and described my love for the place on a summer's day and left him to the creative process.
 
What a Result!
 
I am thrilled with the painting that Danny has produced and even on a dull winter's day I can look at it and be back there with my ancestors.
 
Thanks Danny for a great job.    
 
 
Danny Smith with the finished painting

 
 
My grandfather Daniel Shea

 
My special place

No comments:

Post a Comment