Hello

Thank you for looking at my blog. My latest passion is applique which I have been doing since 2015. I love making things and learning new crafts On this blog you will see some of the things I have been working on. You will also see wonderful items created by other people. When I am not crafting I enjoy being with family and friends, singing and family history. My favourite place in the whole world is anywhere by the sea and I have to get my fix every few weeks. My favourite colour is PURPLE but I love turquoise too!



Friday, May 27, 2016

Bealtine

The second of my Festival Season series of stitchings is complete. I have called this one after the Celtic May festival. The hedgerow is just bursting forth. It is my favourite month of the year and I would rather mark it in Ireland than anywhere else in the world. 
 
The lace in this stitching was a very lucky find. A woman in Spain was retiring from making communion dresses and she was selling off her trimmings. It has been 9 months since I started on my stitching journey and one of my favourite bits is hunting down fabrics that I can use. I haunt the charity shops and I can now see when a pattern on a fabric might become something else.
 
 Heading into my winter stitchings now. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment