Hello

Thank you for looking at my blog. My latest passion is applique which I have been doing since 2015. I love making things and learning new crafts On this blog you will see some of the things I have been working on. You will also see wonderful items created by other people. When I am not crafting I enjoy being with family and friends, singing and family history. My favourite place in the whole world is anywhere by the sea and I have to get my fix every few weeks. My favourite colour is PURPLE but I love turquoise too!



Friday, December 2, 2016

EbbandFlow

Julia made some hearts last year and that inspired me to have a go. I have been wanting to play with layers of fabric for some time and  this was a good project to start on. I used the embroidery foot to sew the strips to the slub satin background first. Joan me a good tip. She suggested I hold the strips of fabric in place using strips of paper which I could remove as I went along.
 
I will do things a bit differently next time. The shells were very difficult and most of them fell off even those I had managed to get some glue on. I think the best shells would be cockle or mussel. I must keep the beads and embellishments away from the edge so they do now catch the sewing machine when I am sewing up. I sewed the hanging ribbon in as I went along but I must be more careful and make sure it doesn't slip. The ebbandflow words fell off too. I will need to sew a layer of chiffon over to make a pocket.  The finished hearts are too big and the next time I would have a more rounded shape.
 
They are cute though!
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment