Hello

Thank you for looking at my blog. My latest passion is applique which I have been doing since 2015. I love making things and learning new crafts On this blog you will see some of the things I have been working on. You will also see wonderful items created by other people. When I am not crafting I enjoy being with family and friends, singing and family history. My favourite place in the whole world is anywhere by the sea and I have to get my fix every few weeks. My favourite colour is PURPLE but I love turquoise too!



Sunday, August 11, 2019

"Longest Day"

I wanted to try doing a long landscape piece. I was going to put a farmhouse and sheep on it but it seemed to cry out for something bigger. The foxgloves this year have been awesome and they were my starting point. I rolled the fabric around my fingers to get the shape. I had completed most of the flowers when I realised the fabric I had used was not the right colour.
 
The hunt was on then for some new colour fabric and after about six visits to charity shops in Herefordshire I found the perfect blouse. The challenge was to get the dark pink in exactly the right place when I rolled it. I left the leaves fairly loose and added tiny seed beads to the inside of the flowers.
 
It is framed in my living room now and will live with me for a while.  
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment