Hello

Thank you for looking at my blog. My latest passion is applique which I have been doing since 2015. I love making things and learning new crafts On this blog you will see some of the things I have been working on. You will also see wonderful items created by other people. When I am not crafting I enjoy being with family and friends, singing and family history. My favourite place in the whole world is anywhere by the sea and I have to get my fix every few weeks. My favourite colour is PURPLE but I love turquoise too!



Saturday, October 12, 2019

Workshop

I had a go at doing an image transfer. Suzette Smart showed me how to use bondaweb. We ironed on the bondaweb, after covering it with baking paper to protect the iron, to a piece of callico with the rough (sticky) side down and left it a few minues. The image was then placed upside down on the callico. It is very easy to add other fibres from clothes etc at this stage so be careful, perhaps just use bondaweb where the image will be. Leave for about 20 minutes.
 
Take a sponge and some water and wash off the backing paper. Again be careful not to get the white backing paper on the bondaweb. The image will have faded so use a small amount of beeswax polish to bring it back. Leave to dry and you can then stitch into it.
 
I don't think I will be using this in my applique work but I can alread see a new project forming. I want to create a long picture of my Dad's life using old photos of him with a pathway of maps from where the photos were taken. This might just need to ferment for now while I finish off some of my other wip's.
 
It was a joy spending the day with another textile artist, learning new things, seeing her work and just talking threads.





 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment