Hello

Thank you for looking at my blog. My latest passion is applique which I have been doing since 2015. I love making things and learning new crafts On this blog you will see some of the things I have been working on. You will also see wonderful items created by other people. When I am not crafting I enjoy being with family and friends, singing and family history. My favourite place in the whole world is anywhere by the sea and I have to get my fix every few weeks. My favourite colour is PURPLE but I love turquoise too!



Saturday, February 2, 2013

All set for Gdansk

It is going to be cold when my sister visits so I made her a cosy neckwarmer. It was an unusual pattern. You start off with one stitch and increase each end on alternate rows till you get to 32sts. On the first row after that you k2tog at the beginning, knit to the 2nd to last stich and increase one stitch and knit one. On the next row just knit along. You repeat these two rows till it is long enough then cast off one stitch at both ends of the alternate rows till you are again left with one. I used two yarns, a Debbie Bliss kids silk mohair and a Collinetti Jitterbug yarn and it is very soft to wear. The colour looks quite purple in the photo but it is in fact a vibrant fuchsia   

No comments:

Post a Comment