Hello

Thank you for looking at my blog. My latest passion is applique which I have been doing since 2015. I love making things and learning new crafts On this blog you will see some of the things I have been working on. You will also see wonderful items created by other people. When I am not crafting I enjoy being with family and friends, singing and family history. My favourite place in the whole world is anywhere by the sea and I have to get my fix every few weeks. My favourite colour is PURPLE but I love turquoise too!



Monday, July 8, 2013

Dingle Daisies

Jenny and I did a painting workshop with Tina Reed at Killarney Art Holidays. We worked in oils and used a palette knife. It was great fun and I learned lots. Tina has a studio in a gorgeous location and she is a lovely host. As a tutor she is excellent. She demonstrates how to do things but if you don't get it first time she will stand and watch you do it and suggest ways for you to improve your technique. I find that this is how I learn best. I may get a better finish if the tutor does it for me but in the long run I learn best if I do it myself. We painted a lovely summer picture of a Dingle roadway. We all struggled with the daisies and most of us lacked the confidence to go for the BIG daisies (you only have one chance to get it right before the colours mix). My finished work does not exactly match the photo but in the final stages I ignored the photo and in that time "I made the picture my own". My painting will take a while to dry but it has already found a home as my lovely sister wants if for her new family space.


My work in progress

A lovely space to work in

Some of Tina's work

Our Dingle Daisies roadway

My (almost) finished work
Lovely views down the valley
     

No comments:

Post a Comment