Hello

Thank you for looking at my blog. My latest passion is applique which I have been doing since 2015. I love making things and learning new crafts On this blog you will see some of the things I have been working on. You will also see wonderful items created by other people. When I am not crafting I enjoy being with family and friends, singing and family history. My favourite place in the whole world is anywhere by the sea and I have to get my fix every few weeks. My favourite colour is PURPLE but I love turquoise too!



Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Hedgerow Heaven

The knots are finished! This piece began with a skirt from a charity shop given to me by Di. The inspiration came from all the wonderful June hedgerows we saw in Devon. I bought the frame in Matalan so the size was dictated by that. This is the first piece that I have signed my name to so I feel that I am moving forward. Breda has chosen this for her birthday present. I am thrilled that she wants it but I don't want to let it go yet!
 
 BUT.........I have been looking at the montbretia everywhere in the hedges so I think that might be my next piece. I need to find some orange fabric in the charity shop or otherwise I will be going after Mary's clothes with the scissors.
 
I am having a forced month off from stitching. I need to get some knitting done and finish the crochet throw. I hope too I will find some space to try something new. A bit of crazy wool maybe???? 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment