Hello

Thank you for looking at my blog. My latest passion is applique which I have been doing since 2015. I love making things and learning new crafts On this blog you will see some of the things I have been working on. You will also see wonderful items created by other people. When I am not crafting I enjoy being with family and friends, singing and family history. My favourite place in the whole world is anywhere by the sea and I have to get my fix every few weeks. My favourite colour is PURPLE but I love turquoise too!



Thursday, January 5, 2017

Deepest Winter

I had another go using the Ikea square frames and some scraps. I made two little winter landscape scenes. I was only going to do one but it looked so lovely with my twig tree that I decided to keep the first one and change the second as it didn't look quite like the West Cork farmhouse I had intended.
 
I need to get some of the rectangular frames next. I want to try using some of my stash of old Irish postcards with stitching and perhaps some old lace and buttons. I love this new ideas creative stage and want to start right now! How will I fix the postcards to the stitchings? Perhaps I will use ribbon as a frame or on the corners because it would be a shame to stitch into them or stick them down. I think I might scan the message on the back and add that to the back of the frame. Some of them are really interesting but the ones I like best are the ones that say "come to tea tomorrow". I know we have text now but how nice to get a lovely postcard in your letter box in the morning.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment