Hello

Thank you for looking at my blog. My latest passion is applique which I have been doing since 2015. I love making things and learning new crafts On this blog you will see some of the things I have been working on. You will also see wonderful items created by other people. When I am not crafting I enjoy being with family and friends, singing and family history. My favourite place in the whole world is anywhere by the sea and I have to get my fix every few weeks. My favourite colour is PURPLE but I love turquoise too!



Monday, July 4, 2016

A Green Day

I collected my latest commission from the ceramic artist Mairi Stone. I love her work. Mairi was kind enough to show us her studio and explain the process. The glazing is done using powdered glass as normal glazes can look dull on porcelain.
 
My stitchings were in the car and we had a look at them together. Mairi said she would like to buy one and we agreed to talk more about doing an art swap after our exhibition in Glandore. It made me feel like a "real" textile artist.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment